Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog

Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT)

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. THREE are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dramatic Apology Note

If there is one thing that irks me is when I go for my cell phone (which I typically keep in one place at home) and it is MIA. This usually means a child has gotten a hold of it and is playing games. Because of this, I laid down the law a few months ago that the kids must ask if they want to use my phone, just like they must ask before using the computer. This way we can monitor how much screen time they are getting AND the battery is not dead when I need my phone most. 

Last weekend, I was doing laundry and walked into Dylan's room and heard him "playing" in his closet. I asked what he was doing in there and he told me he was playing pinball.  10 minutes later as I was searching for my phone, I realized it was missing from it's spot. When I discovered that Dylan had it with him in his closet, I was very disappointed in him for taking it without asking but most importantly, for lying to me. Needless to say, he was disciplined.

Later that day, Dylan delivered a note to me with his head held low and said, "I am so sorry, mom. I hope you can find room in your heart to forgive me." It was so heartfelt and sincere and I truly admired his repentant heart.  Here is what the note had to say (see photos below):



I did find room in my heart to forgive him and this note will be a keepsake for many years to come. Someday we will all get a good laugh from it.



No comments: