Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog

Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT)

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. THREE are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Birthday Week

Last week Mama Bear turned 47! I have decided to walk in my mother's footsteps and take an entire week to celebrate life versus wallow in my sorrow of aging yet another year :) SO, our week was jam packed full of fun activities and great memories.

Dave treated me to sushi dinner and a play at the Guthrie for my birthday which was an absolute treat. We seriously don't take enough time out for each other to enjoy each other's company without varmints in tow. On Thursday, my Ya Ya Sisters invited us out for a boat cruise on Lake Minnetonka. We had a BLAST! Lots of music from the past, dancing, laughing and catching up with dear friends who have been a part of my life for SO long. Dave was supposed to be my designated driver but he had a little "too" much fun so Mama Bear took over that role. On Friday, I grabbed the kiddos and joined some other school moms and children for pizza and the play "Annie" at the Stages Children's Theatre. We all loved it! On Saturday morning after breakfast, Dave and I gave in and watched the new Justin Bieber movie "Never Say Never" with LTD. It was a GREAT movie and very inspirational and Dave and I both have a newfound respect for JB (the girls want to marry him). That afternoon I grabbed the kiddos and enjoyed an entire afternoon at the Shakopee Sand Bottom Pool which is a favorite of ours. It is a chlorinated sand bottom pool complete with a sand beach, lots of slides, and our favorite, a diving board. Other than the one 15 minute safety break, we went non-stop for 4 hours! I miss spending so much time with our little ones now that I work full-time so I savor those days we can share all day together. On Sunday, we treated LTD to a day at Valleyfair which they have never been to. It was a gorgeous day and we were there from 10am until 7:30pm and had a great time. The only thing that was a bummer was how incredibly ridiculous they are about "rules". If one child was 1/8" off the minimum height requirement, "sorry, no go". Taylor got robbed from a few rides because of it. Pretty pathetic considering how tame some of these rides were. I guess we have frivalous lawsuits to thank for that. However, we treated them to milkshakes at Culver's after we left the park which made up for a few of those sad moments.

I have a wonderful husband, healthy, loving children, our family, and genuine friends. I am truly grateful and blessed and look forward to another year to make memories and cherish life.


Ya Ya Sisters on Lake Minnetonka


The captain and co-captain
Vicki, Annie, Terrie and Sarah - I adore them!


Rhonda had a birthday too - duo celebration


Lovebirds


WooHoo!


Party boy


Look out! Man overboard!



Vallefair!





Snoopy statue getting love


I am big enough for this ride


L & D taking up the rear


Taking a break with Icees


Excited to get on "Thunder Canyon" (T got soaked)


Imax Break (AC was cranked so towels came in handy)


Calling it a day


No comments: