Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog

Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT)

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. THREE are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

I just returned from an amazing 5-day trip to Colorado for my niece Shannon's wedding to her best friend, Chris, AND to share time with 4 dear and genuine friends from high school. 3 words describe it all: Rocky Mountain High!

Shannon was stunningly beautiful and her now-hubby Chris even performed on his guitar - very talented!! I was so happy to see my nephews, Ryan and Tyson, my nieces, Brandi Jo and Elise, my sister Jill and her husband Joe, and of course, my mom and Jon. Mom and I ripped up the dance floor TRYING to show the troops how to polka. Funny, we were the only people out there, that is until mom bounced so much she had to leave the dance floor!

Afterwards, we headed back to Denver where I stayed at my friend Sarah's gorgeous home along with my partner in crime, Dawnice, who flew in from NJ. We also hung out with 2 other friends from high school, Susan and Mary Beth, who live in Denver and we all shared 4 fun-filled days together. 5 high school friends reunited once again - funny how we just picked up where we left off. We had an absolute BLAST and made lots of new memories including:

great restaurants
took a nature walk in the hills where the elk and buffalo roam (seriously)
hiked a mountain ridge and looked out over the city of Denver
fun bars with live music
cocktails
danced to 80's music once again
danced to jazz and rock music
bowled in an Irish pub
slumber parties
more cocktails
sang on stage with the band
savored Hans' homemade HOT BBQ wings
pulled out old high school annuals and photos
laughed hysterically until our bellies hurt

Such genuine friends whom I miss already. But, we plan to reunite once again in the next year or two, sometime before our 30-yr high school reunion. Right girls??? Here are just a few photos (will share many more through KodakGallery at the end of October).

Here comes the bride
Family photo at the reception
Fearless foursome (Susan checked out early)
Dinner downtown Denver
Cocktails (and bowling) at an Irish Pub
We wobble but we don't fall down
Friends since grade school and still close

No comments: