Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog

Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT)

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. THREE are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Camp Clark Conversations

Oh boy, the conversations that have been taking place with the age of 5 approaching! It is both hysterical and eye-opening what can come out of the mouths of babes. What we cherish most about this age is the innocence, curiosity and matter-of-fact chit chat that keeps us laughing, guessing and taking time to explain in little people terms this big wonderful world we live in (and not so wonderful at times). They have SO many questions; some we can answer, some they answer for us. We have realized their little minds are working 100mph and they hear EVERYTHING, including our talk radio playing in the garage as we play outside and our personal "lingo". It's like having a tape recorder follow you around and a constant reminder: we need to be VERY careful what we say and how we say it......little ears are upon us :) And now for the latest conversations!

LindseyDylan asked "Mom, do I get a time-out if I jump off the deck?" Lindsey responds, "that's the worse idea I have ever heard, Dylan!"

"I don't want a gerbil piece of salami, I want a BIG piece."

Taylor explains, "Our teacher says we need to read the Bible ALL day! Lindsey rebukes "No Tayloooor. She said EVERY day. The Bible is true. It's God's word. Not like those other books we read; they're fake."

"Mom, you better go lay with Taylor. She's ready to have a baby and is in alot of pain." (at bedtime)

"I'm Taylor & Dylan's leader. I'm older than them so I know ALOT more. And I'm more brave." (they were born about 1 minute apart; Lindsey was first)

Taylor explains "Mom, God made everything - you, dad, Lindsey, Dylan, me, trees, birds, grass, buildings. Lindsey jumps in "No Taylooor! God didn't make buildings......people did!" Dylan gets in on it "But God made all the people that make buildings, Lindsey!"

TaylorAs Dad is "hunting" them with a nerf gun, Taylor shouts out "Don't shoot me whatever you do. I'm just a LITTLE girl!!"

Taylor says at bedtime with a doll stuffed under her PJ's "my belly hurts. I'm gonna have a baby." Moms responds "let's see if that baby can hold off until tomorrow morning, it's late. OK?" About 5 seconds later she says quietly, "UH OH! (fake crying like a baby starts) Look! My baby was born! Her name is Ariel. I will have to stay in the hospital for 3 days, then I can go home. But my baby is going to need medicine."

As she falls off a higher chair at the breakfast counter, there is a long pause, then she bounces back up and shouts, "I'm OK! No worries!"

Taylor asks if she can visit her best friend, Aimee. Mom told her Aimee was at her grandparents in Bloomington. Taylor asks "which way is Bloomington?" I point in the direction and Taylor blows a kiss that way and sweetly says "here's a kiss, Aimee. I love you!"

"I'm a sweet potatoes mama!"

"Baby Jesus was just a weeeeeee little baby born in a manger. Oh Jesus, I love you!". Then she puts her baby doll in a wooden crib, covers it with a blanket and kisses the baby goodnight and sings "Away in a Manger".

Dylan I have a GREAT idea! Taylor, you get in this basket and I'll pull you across the house super duper fast! Taylor says "not a good idea". Dylan retaliates, "That's a GREAT idea - now get in!"

"I told my teacher today that I pray for liberals sometimes........they need the most help." Mom holds back her laugh and says "yes, we need to pray for our government." Dylan agrees "Yah, they need help keeping their hands off our piggy banks."

"Dad can snap, whistle AND skip all at the SAME time! Isn't he awesome!"

We were at Target Cafe and a man with a feminine voice helped us and took our order. Dylan looked confused and asked loudly for all to hear "Mom, why does that man sound like a GIRL?!"

As we are driving by a construction site Dylan asks "Ah Man! Why did they cut down all the trees - they're ruining our city!"

Mom overheard lots of giggling coming from the girls' room one morning. As I opened their door, there are LTD bouncing on the beds BUCK-NAKED. Mom asks "what's going on in here? Where are your pajamas? Dylan laughs hysterically and says "God loves us just the way we are!"

1 comment:

Erickson 5 said...

The Aimee comment is so cute. I will have to tell her that tonight when I get home. I was called a "Hot Potato Mama" last night! These are funny and you do a great job of recording them!