Welcome to our Blog

Welcome to our Blog

Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT)

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. THREE are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dancing Queen

For those of you who know me best, some of my favorite songs are from the group Abba. Yes, I am dating myself but I have met girls in their early teens (friends' daughters) who love their songs equally as well. In fact, at our recent waterpark overnight adventure, my good friend Nik played the song "Dancing Queen" on her IPod and the hotel room came alive with moms and daughters (as young as 4 yrs old) dancing energetically to the beat. This is one reason why I used "Dancing Queen" as one of our background songs in our photo slideshow at our wedding reception - it fits me to a "T". SO, when I recently saw the movie "Mama Mia", I was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I still love the music and always will. But hearing Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth (just to name a few) sing some of my absolute favorite songs, it just didn't sit right in my stomach. Personally, I think they better keep their day jobs and stick to acting. The Broadway play was much better than the movie, as the story goes with most plays made into Hollywood movies - with the exception of "The Sound of Music" which is absolutely unbeatable. But then again, Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer were phenomenal (both their voices and their acting abilities)!!!


So what is my point? I thought to myself as I sat restlessly through the "Mama Mia" movie, "even Dave and I could do better than that!". So I perused through some video from a little over 4 years ago and found a perfect example of what it takes to be a true Dancing Queen (and King). Take a look:

2 comments:

Erickson 5 said...

OMG...I love it! True Tina Fashion! You make me smile. Thanks for the laughs. Oh and you look great pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Go Tina and Dave! from sunny AZ